Top GK and current affairs:Recent Appointments
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has appointed CP Gurnani as its Chairman for 2016-17 and Raman Roy as vice chairman for the period. Currently, Gurnani is Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tech Mahindra. He is a chemical engineer from the National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.Gurnani has been appointed as Nasscom’s chairman in April, 2016.
Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has appointed Ms. Meeran C.Borwankar, IPS of Maharastra Cadre,1981 Batch as Director General in the Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D).
Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT).
- Retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice Permod Kohli has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT). His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
International Coordinating Committee Bureau (ICCB)
- The Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and former chief justice of Supreme Court of India HL Dattu has been appointed as member of the International Coordinating Committee Bureau (ICCB) of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI-ICC) Bureau in Geneva. He has been selected from the Asia-Pacific region and shall represent India along with Mongolia, Qatar and Australia from this region.
Chief Justice (CJ) of the Gauhati High Court
- Justice Ajit Singh was sworn in as Chief Justice (CJ) of the Gauhati High Court. He was administered the oath of office by Governor of Assam P B Acharya as per the provisions of the Article 219 of Indian Constitution.
Deputy Chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant General (Lt Gen) N P S Hira has been appointed as Deputy Chief of Army Staff. He will be now moving to Army Headquarters in New Delhi.